Wed, Oct 11|
Zion Lutheran Church of Clarence Center
P3 Kick-off Night
Plan, Pray, and Play!
Time & Location
Oct 11, 6:00 PM – 9:00 PM
Zion Lutheran Church of Clarence Center, 9535 Clarence Center Rd, Clarence Center, NY 14032, USA
About the event
P3 Night (short for Plan, Pray, and Play) is an adult social ministry of Lutheran Youth WNY. P3 Night is broken into 3 phases specifically designed to overcome pre-identified gaps in Lutheran ministry in the region.
PLAN: (6:15 - 7 pm) - Time dedicated for youth leaders, directors, and stakeholders to discuss youth/sunday school programming in their churches and communities. Assist one another in sharing suggestions and collaboration. Aimed at increasing communication and providing these leaders with helpful resources and a supportive community.
PRAY: (7 - 7:30 pm) - Intentional time for meditation, reflection, and encouraged questions about all things faith, church, and spirituality. A time to engage in guided group conversation or spiritual practice on a given topic without the traditional structure of a worship or bible study. The church offers little to meet this generation's increased curiosity in spirituality and desire for meaningful community. There are few programs designed for people from post-confirmation to either marriage or baptism. Here we can meet people in this stage of their faith lives and give them the chance to ask questions and explore alongside others.
PLAY: (7:45 - 10 pm) - Spread out with friends, grab a game, have some fun! This is simple, yet important. We consider a community in Christ as the church. And the church can be fun. We invite people to come see that for themselves by simply spending time in community and fellowship together. Churchs serve as great indoor public spaces and community centers. By bringing young adults into these places we can perhaps change some opinions on how to worship by playing together as a means to worship.
- P3 is open to anyone over the age of 18 regardless of race, ethnicity, gender identity, sexuality, religious affiliation. or economic status
- Please DO NOT feel as though you have to come for every phase. P3 nights are designed to address various needs and we want you to come to which phases you feel you are interested in. There is no obligation to come for all 3, however, you're more than welcome to! So invite your friends and come join!
- We will have a bin of games to choose from, but encourage you to bring card, board, or RPG games that you love to share!
- Snacks and drinks may be provided or brought, however, the use of alcohol and/or drugs is not permitted
- P3 nights will begin on a monthly basis moving in a rotation of 3 churches around WNY. The schedule and details will be solidified after feedback and input from the Kick-off.